Use the search filter below to find community events, workshops and fundraising events in your city.
Advocacy 101 Workshop Series
August 29 @ 8:30 am - September 26 @ 2:00 pm
In a time when the rights of girls and women are quickly being chipped away, it has become crucial to raise our voices to advocate for the world we seek. Successful advocacy campaigns require effective grassroots organizing in order to grow credible relevance in the community. More than just passing a policy, advocacy is about expanding our collective political will and elevating community energy to push a message forward. In this workshop series you’ll gain a better understanding of how to mobilize others around an issue, identify key strategies for bypassing barriers, and learn how to convene hundreds to thousands of people for a common policy or platform.
Led by Alliance member Hénia Belalia, Director of Programs at About-Face, this important and timely series will offer:
- Steps to start building a base of followers, mobilize community, and organize hundreds to thousands of people around a policy or platform
- A better understanding of why intersectionality and allyship are so important
- Knowledge of common barriers for direct service organizations while thinking about how to integrate advocacy with limited capacity
- Campaign-building strategies and tactics using tools such as power-mapping, media and art making, and culture creation
- Technical assistance to support introduction, navigation, and implementation in your organization and/or personal work
- A closing in-person workshop to touch base, debrief, and share out successes and challenges
This in-person workshop will be followed by a digital technical assistance session on September 11 to support implementation and closing in-person workshop on September 26th. Register for the series today!
This workshop series is $95 for non-members. Members receive one free registration and 30% off subsequent registrations. Email Kailin at email@example.com for the members-only promo code. Not a member? Join us!