Use the search filter below to find community events, workshops and fundraising events in your city.
GIRLFLY SUMMER ART & ACTIVISM PROGRAM
July 5 @ 10:00 am - July 29 @ 3:00 pm
WHAT IS GIRLFLY?
The 2022 Summer Arts & Activism Project will bring 20 young women/GNC youth from San Francisco for four weeks to:
- Get hands-on experience in aerial dance
- Earn $500
- Create and perform original dances
- Learn about issues of girls’/GNC youth empowerment, body positive culture and the politics of women’s clothing
- Research and carry out a textile design project led by The Museum of Craft and Design and artist Charlotte Jones
- Connect with young women/GNC youth across neighborhoods, schools, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender identity
Who is it for?
Young women and GNC youth ages 14-19 who are strongly interested in performing, making positive change in the world and can commit to attending the entire 4 weeks of the program. African American, Arab, Latinx, Native, Asian and Pacific Islander, low-income and QBIPOC identified girls/GNC youth are strongly encouraged to apply. The primary requirement is that you like to dance.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE VACCINATED AGAINST COVID 19
What’s the schedule?
The program is 4 weeks long and meets as follows:
Starts July 5, 2022
Ends July 29, 2022
Runs Tuesday to Friday 10:00 AM-3:00PM
Plus Two Mandatory Performances THURS AND FRI EVENING, July 28-29, 7:00PM
What’s the application process?
Fill out the application online or request one in the mail or over email.
Applications are due May 1, 2022.
Once your complete application is received, we will contact you to set up an in-person interview. We will notify you of your status by June 1, 2022.