Use the search filter below to find community events, workshops and fundraising events in your city.
- This event has passed.
How to Secure Your Organization from a Cyberattack
September 1, 2020 @ 7:15 am - 9:00 amFree
About this Event
You’ll meet fellow consultants and small business CEOs, engage with an expert on the topic of the month, and advise a volunteer attendee who presents a challenge.
So grab your morning joe or tea, fire up Zoom, and we’ll take care of the rest!
- Socializing and networking: lots of brilliant minds to meet!
- Attendee introductions: your time to share your value to all
- Ask the Expert: engage with a subject matter expert on a trending topic — after a topic debrief the speaker will moderate the discussion. Our September expert: Tim Carlisle, presenting, “How to Secure your Business from a Cyberattack.”
- See full description below.
- Problem Solving by Problem Solvers: get your pressing challenge solved by a community of peers
- Announcements: Needs, deals, wants, event announcements, your questions, future speakers (recommend yourself!)
Ask the Expert: How to Secure your Business from a Cyberattack
No business is too small to get visited by scofflaws and computer viruses out to steal your content or worse, valuable data you’ve got stored on a computer or device. Most media stories are about big name corporations getting hacked. When a small business gets attacked, the damage can be devastating.
Tim Carlisle, a deep expert in cybersecurity and on keeping proprietary information out of the hands of criminals, will show us how every computer connected to the internet is vulnerable to attack, and specific actions we can take to minimize the risk of being hacked.
Key points Tim will cover:
- “I’m a solo practitioner. Who’d want to target me?”
- Ways prying eyes can snoop into your email and how to stop them
- How to secure financial records
- Understand how client data on your computer may be vulnerable to theft and how to protect it
- Steps to take to protect your intellectual property
- Your liability if you lose customer data and whether insurance covers it
- What you MUST do if you work on a Windows computer
Tim will tell mind-bending stories, such as about attacks that could have been prevented with one simple action, and provide rock solid advice you can carry out immediately.