Use the search filter below to find community events, workshops and fundraising events in your city.
How To Work Any Room To Advance Your Career
February 20 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree – $25
Technology has given us many new and effective ways to communicate that serve as a comfortable substitute to talking with someone face to face. Yet the people who succeed and accelerate their careers are those who also excel in their ability to engage in meaningful one-on-one conversations.
Using ideas from her best-selling books, “How To Work a Room,” “Savvy Networking,” “What Do I Say Next?,” and “Face To Face: How To Reclaim The Personal Touch in a Digital World,” networking and communication expert Susan RoAne will show us how to make new friendships and build valuable, sustainable networks. This creates the long-lasting business relationships upon which your career — and good business — are built.
In this special 1½-hour information-packed session, you’ll learn how to:
- Converse and connect with colleagues, clients and potential customers
- Identify your current network, the gaps and how to fill them
- Establish a richly diverse network that is multi-age, multi-ethnic and multi-talented
- Use RoAne’s tips, tools and techniques for building networks
- Make an impression that is positive and lasting
- Approach people you don’t know and “Break the ice”
- Turn small talk into big business
- Enter group conversations
- Remember names
- Exit conversations gracefully
Susan RoAne will share her strategies and lead us through practice, participation and “debriefs,” to ensure you leave with (more than) one new skill you can use immediately.
This event is free for Alliance members up until the 20th of January, using the code “alliance” for the event. More information and tickets can be found here.
This event is hosted by FemResources, a member organization of Alliance for Girls.