Use the search filter below to find community events, workshops and fundraising events in your city.
- This event has passed.
Metro Talks: Advancing Gender Equity on Transportation
October 1 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pmFree
At a time when BIPOC women, girls, transgender and gender non-conforming people are facing the brunt of the burdens of operating transit under COVID-19, how might we emerge with a transportation system and career sector welcoming to women and girls? Join us for a conversation on what a safe and equitable transit system accessible for women and girls can look like in the Bay Area.
Hosted by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC), this event will feature speakers including:
- Haleema Bharoocha, Advocacy Manager, Alliance for Girls
- Geovanna Veloz, Youth Researcher, Alliance for Girls
- Salaam Lateef, Student, Black Girls Brilliance Youth Leader
- Mydria Clark, Toll Technology Analyst at HNTB
- Moderator: Therese McMillan, Executive Director, MTC-ABAG
This event is part of MTC’s Metro Talks Equity Series. Metro Talks is a remote series of public forums to seed and exchange ideas on how the Bay Area can transform for the better. The forums bring together prominent leaders and experts to discuss significant regional issues like housing, community development, climate change, the economy, technology and transportation.