Use the search filter below to find community events, workshops and fundraising events in your city.
- This event has passed.
Policy Briefing: Shaping Gender-Based Violence Prevention Policy Amid COVID-19
October 15 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Join us for a briefing on the needs of women, girls, transgender and gender non-conforming people in California as they grapple with the impacts of COVID-19 and domestic violence. During this session, youth leaders, survivors, advocates, and elected officials will speak to the expressed needs of this demographic and share policy solutions. This session is intended for policymakers and their staff at all levels.
This informative briefing is co-hosted by California Partnership to End Domestic Violence, the Santa Clara County Office of Gender-Based Violence Prevention, and the Santa Clara County Office of Women’s Policy.
- Suzette Shaw: Poetess, Skid Row From A Woman’s Perspective | Mental Health Peer Advocate, MHA | California Black Women’s Health Advocate
- Jessica Valencia: Prevention & Community Engagement Specialist, Center for Community Solutions
- California State Assemblymember Buffy Wicks
- Supervisor Cindy Chavez: President of the Santa Clara County (SCC) Board of Supervisors
- Protima Pandey, Director, Santa Clara County Office of Women’s Policy
- Carla Collins, Manager, Santa Clara County Office of Gender-Based Violence Prevention, Division of Equity & Social Justice, Office of the County Executive
- Haleema Bharoocha: Advocacy Manager, Alliance for Girls
- Krista Niemczyk: Public Policy Director, California Partnership to End Domestic Violence
- Michaé De La Cuadra: Manager of Policy and Community Engagement, The TransLatin@ Coalition
#GirlsPolicyAgenda #WhenGirlsThrive #RaiseYourVoice4Girls