Use the search filter below to find community events, workshops and fundraising events in your city.
- This event has passed.
POWER COLLABORATIVE TRAINING ONLINE
January 16, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm$150 – $750
FEELING BURNED OUT?
Learn to create a healing centered environment for yourself and the youth you serve.
This training is designed to meet the needs of the most marginalized girls and proven to be successful for all youth, including multi-gendered environments.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
As a participant in the Power ColLABorative, you will work together with other girl-serving professionals to develop practices that are immediately applicable to your own life and your work with girls, including mindfulness, self-compassion, navigating conflict, and identifying values, beliefs, and biases. After the training, you will have a powerful group of peers to continue collaboration, new tools and strategies to practice, and an engaging curriculum to support the power of voice of girls in your community.
WHAT MAKES THIS TRAINING DIFFERENT?
- Access to our online classroom with all 7 training modules for four week to learn at your own paceTraining Modules1) Brave Space Groundwork
2) Social-Emotional Learning
3) Culturally Responsive Mindsets
4) Bias Intervention
5) Trauma-Informed Practice
6) Compassion Fatigue
7) Healing-Centered Engagement
- Four facilitated Zoom meetings with our experienced trainers and the cohorts from across the country
- A PDF copy of our research-based, culturally responsive curriculum with 50+ ready-to-use lessons co-designed with girls. The curriculum includes suggested lesson sequences, options for differentiation, resource links, handouts, and materials.
- Shift adult mindsets, protocols, and practices to serve the needs of all youth
- Receive ready-to-use lessons and strategies to implement immediately in your space
- Develop structures and systems that promote equitable outcomes
We don’t expect you to drop everything and spend all day in online learning. Instead, this experience will allow you to engage with the material over 4 weeks: taking as much time as you need. We’ll use a combination of Google Classroom with self-guided modules and pre-recorded facilitation plus, Zoom for live meetings. You will receive and invitation to join Google Classroom the day before the program starts.
JANUARY 11 – FEBRUARY 5, 2021 OPEN FOR ENROLLMENT
Zoom Meeting dates (90 minutes per meeting):
Wednesday, January 13 – 4pm PT / 7pm ET
Wednesday, January 20 – 4pm PT / 7pm ET
Wednesday, January 27 – 4pm PT / 7pm ET
Wednesday, February 3 – 4pm PT / 7pm ET
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
You will be notified of your application’s status within two weeks of its submission. Please be advised that completion of this training does not authorize individuals to sell the program or train others to teach it.
SCHOLARSHIPS ON A SLIDING SCALE
Girls Leadership is committed to providing equal access to programs. We are able to offer need-based scholarship assistance with reliance on funding from donors, corporations, and foundations. We award need-based scholarships on a sliding scale with a maximum award of $600. Applications are considered in the order they are received. Scholarships will be awarded based on explanation of need and funding available.
Scholarship application here.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM DESIGNED FOR?
This program is designed for educators and youth services professionals working with girls in grades 5-12. Note that the curriculum was developed specifically for 6th-8th grades, with the ability to adapt for other grades.
To participate you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Employment by a school or youth services organization
- Employment as a counselor, therapist, or social worker working with youth, including private practice
- In a formal volunteer position with a youth services organization
And you are…
- Interested in implementing culturally responsive, SEL-based curriculum to support the girls you serve.
- Interested in learning about trauma-informed teaching practices from an asset-based lens.
- Ready to role model acknowledging and speaking your truth.
- Excited to collaborate with other professionals and share your knowledge, skills, and wisdom.
If so, we would like to extend an invitation for you to join the Power ColLABorative.
If you have any questions about eligibility, please email our Outreach Manager, Maria Temporal, at email@example.com.