Use the search filter below to find community events, workshops and fundraising events in your city.
- This event has passed.
SheLectricity Partnership Luncheon
December 12 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join Alliance for Girls and SheLectricity for an introduction to the SheLectricity program!
Recently, the NoVo Foundation awarded SheLectricity a 3-year grant for $450,000 to “SEED FUND” the design, build, and launch a first-of-its-kind, digitally-enabled ecosystem to empower adolescent girls in the United States to thrive and reach their full potential. Launching in 2019 in Oakland, Los Angeles, and Memphis, SheLectricity is intended to scale over time to reach all girls in this country who need safe and nurturing online and in-person experiences, relationships, and support in order to learn, grow, innovate, and lead.
For the Oakland launch, SheLectricity has partnered with Alliance for Girls and together, we are seeking organizations interested in learning about how the SheLectricity platform and curriculum can serve the tween and teen girls you work with.
At the SheLectricity Partnership Luncheon, you will:
- Meet SheLectricity founder Anasa Troutman, CEO of Culture Shift Creative and Project Director, Lynn Johnson, CEO of Spotlight: Girls and hear the story behind how SheLectricity came to be
- Discuss the importance of arts, media, and technology as key elements of empowering black and brown girls
- Share your ideas about how a large-scale digital platform focused on girls of color could benefit the girls you work with
- Learn how becoming an Associate Partner of SheLectricity can benefit your organization programmatically, financially, and help build your visibility both locally and nationally
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch while connecting with other amazing girl advocates
More information and tickets can be found here!
This event is hosted by SheLectricity, a member organization of Alliance for Girls.