Use the search filter below to find community events, workshops and fundraising events in your city.
- This event has passed.
Talking to Kids About Sexual Ethics
January 21 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm$22
Want to learn how to open the lines of communication to talking to your kids about sexual ethics and consent?
In a time where the national conversation is dominated by stories about sexual harassment and sexual assault, it’s critical for parents and educators to be preemptive and proactive with their kids, which means starting–and continuing–conversations about sexual ethics with both children and teens.
Join Sexual Literacy and Consent Educator, Natasha Singh (www.sexlited.com), for an evening packed with information and strategies about how to talk to kids about sex and sexual ethics and why it’s important to start sooner than later.
In this 2 hour workshop, you will learn:
- The most common myths that prevent parents from talking to their kids about sex
- Why teaching sexual ethics matters even if you think your child isn’t ready
- What to do if your child is intentionally or unintentionally exposed to porn
- Strategies for talking to kids about resilience, consent, sexting, gender, and media consumption
- Strategies for moving past your own discomfort when talking about sex
- That you’re more capable of having these conversations than you think!
Natasha will share invaluable frameworks, tools, and language that parents can use at home.
This workshop is perfect for any parents of young children and adolescents, as well as new and upcoming parents wishing to gain more knowledge in the areas of taking to kids about sex.
Find Natasha’s bio, as well as more information on the event and tickets, here.