Use the search filter below to find community events, workshops and fundraising events in your city.
Understanding Vicarious Trauma Workshop Series
November 5 @ 8:30 am - December 3 @ 2:00 pm
Many people who work with youth impacted by oppressive systems and attitudes can experience vicarious or secondary trauma. Vicarious trauma is the emotional residue of exposure that counselors, educators, advocates and other professionals can have from hearing trauma stories and becoming ongoing witnesses to the pain, fear, and terror that trauma survivors have endured. In this workshop series you’ll have the opportunity to learn about the effects of vicarious trauma and discover transformative methods to better manage its impact on your personal and professional well being. We’ll also take a look at the subtle differences between vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue, and burnout.
Led by Alliance member Falilah Aisha Bilal, Senior Trainer at the National Black Women’s Justice Institute and Radical Healer at Flourish Agenda, this engaging and experiential workshop series will provide:
- An exploration on how vicarious trauma has impacted our personal and professional lives
- An exploration of transformative methods that better manage the impacts of vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue and burnout
- Opportunities to practice and apply these learnings with fellow participants, and learn together
- Technical assistance to support introduction, navigation, and implementation in your organization and/or personal work
- A closing in-person workshop to touch base, debrief, and share out
This workshop will be followed by a digital technical session on Tuesday November 19th and a closing in-person workshop on Tuesday December 3rd. Register for the series today!
This workshop is $95 for non-members. Members receive one free registration and 30% off subsequent registrations. Email Kailin at firstname.lastname@example.org for the members-only promo code. Not a member? Join us!