Use the search filter below to find community events, workshops and fundraising events in your city.
- This event has passed.
Voices Rise: Black Women in Leadership
March 3 @ 8:30 am - March 31 @ 2:00 pm
Join us for a critical new workshop series, Voices Rise: Black Women in Leadership, in partnership with Alliance member BlackFemaleProject and led by their Founder, Precious Stroud.
How can we use lessons learned from intersectional lived experiences and center the voices of those who navigate complex social structures to teach us how to lead with love, and empathize with those who represent difference in our lives? How can we use our voices to counter pervasive racism and sexism in schools, outside of school, in the workplace, and beyond?
Through panel discussions, small group conversations, and equity-centered operational and culture design, attendees will talk through, listen, reflect, and respond to gain insight, create empathy, and center blackness in an effort to celebrate and begin to understand how Black women and girls can and do thrive. By elevating positive models and affirming gender identity (in multiple forms), together we will challenge race and gender biases by learning new ways of thinking about others.
- Gain an understanding of how structural -isms show up for Black women and girls in the workplace and other settings, and insight into their own experiences as Black or non-Black women
- Hear inspiring personal stories from Black women who lead organizations focused on girls
- Learn effective tactics for supporting Black women who are in positions of authority and/or who hold positional power, as well as tactics to support the leadership of Black girls
- Technical assistance to support navigation and implementation of tools and practices
- A closing workshop to touch base, debrief, and share lessons learned
Light breakfast and lunch will be provided during the first session, and light snacks will be provided in the closing session.
This workshop is $95 for non-members. Members receive one free registration and 30% off subsequent registrations. Email Kailin at email@example.com for the members-only promo code. Not a member? Join us!
The workshop venue is wheel-chair accessible. If you have any accommodation needs, please let us know at least 48 hours prior to the workshop. We’ll make every effort to provide them.
*“Girls” refers to gender expansive youth (cis girls, trans girls, non-binary youth, gender non-conforming youth, gender queer youth and any girl-identified youth).