Taking action against racism can take many forms from educating oneself and others about its history and continued existence within our systems and communities to advocating for legal reform.
At Alliance for Girls, we believe in uplifting healing as an equally effective means of fighting racism. Restoring our minds and bodies which can become worn down by constant encounters with injustice is a necessary step in sustaining the movement.
However, you choose to engage in the movement to end racism, whether it be educating others, protesting, or through your own personal healing, here is a curated an anti-racism resource kit to help guide you;
- YWCA Berkeley/Oakland’s 7th Annual Stand Against Racism event, “From Declarations to Change: Addressing Racism as a Public Health Crisis”. Final bonus event, Reimagining Through Rematriation, is on Friday, May 7th, at 11am.
- Justice in June, daily 15-45 minute activities to educate yourself on practicing allyship with the Black community
- Rest for Resistance – A website that uplifts marginalized communities through writing and art, edited by a team of trans people of color
- The Nap Ministry – A blog that explores the science of sleep and Black liberation theology.
- Blackline – A 24/7 national crises support hotline (with text option) to provide a space for peer support, counseling, witnessing, and affirming the lived experiences for folks who are most impacted by systemic oppression (with a BIPOC and LGBTQ+ Black Femme Lens)
- Therapy for Black Girls – A database to find a culturally competent and trusted therapist that understands the experience of navigating the world as a Black woman.
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network
- Loveland Therapy Fund
- BEAM Wellness Resources – Journal prompts
- “Where Safety Lies” : Spoken Word Poem by Eden Meseret (winner of Betti Ono/Alliance for Girls Radical Visions of Safety Call for Art)
- Affirmations for Girls
- Healing Meditation by Shine
- Law Enforcement Violence Against Women of Color & Trans People of Color: A Critical Intersection of Gender Violence & State Violence
- Oakland is Reimagining Public Safety
- Black History Month Library (folder of articles by or on Black authors and activisits)
- Anti-Racism Resource Guide
- Anti Police-Terror Project’s First Responders Training Guide
- Survived & Punished’s organizing resources
- INCITE!’s Law Enforcement Violence Toolkit and Community Accountability Toolkit