At Alliance for Girls, our work is fueled by the knowledge that girls and gender-expansive are disproportionately affected by systemic inequities in our social systems
Most of our initiatives and that of our broad member network are geared toward uplifting the lived experiences of girls because we know that the road to collectively transforming our systems to better serve girls and gender expansive youth begins with identifying social and cultural barriers stacked against them.
It begins with learning from the expert opinions of girls* whose proximity to these issues makes them adequately poised to recommend solutions. Our research and that of our members depend on a youth participatory model to ensure that girls’ voices are included.
Want to learn more about the issues facing girls and gender-expansive youth but don’t know where to start? Here are some factsheets curated by our members with the help of girls* to help you along;
- COVID-19 Data Snapshots
- Girl’s Needs During COVID-19
- COVID-19’s Impact on Girl-Serving Organizations
- Alameda County Girls Fact Sheet by Alliance for Girls
- Marin County Quick Facts by Alliance for Girls
- San Francisco Quick Facts by Alliance for Girls
- Santa Clara County Fact Sheet by Alliance for Girls
- Facts on Body Image from About-Face
- Facts on Child Care and Early Education by YWCA
- Facts on Girls and STEM by Girls Inc.
- Facts on Equal Pay by YWCA
- California Minor Consent and Confidentiality Laws from www.teenhealthlaw.org (2011)
- Statistics on Girls in STEM, reported by TechBridge
- Title IX Requires Schools to Address Sexual Violence by The National Women’s Law Center