Thank you for taking the Alliance for Girls' Girl-Led COVID-19 Survey! Since March 2020, our team of youth researchers has been disseminating a survey for girls and gender-expansive youth up to age 24 living in California to understand their experiences and needs amid COVID-19. By understanding your needs, we're able to coordinate with girls' organizations, schools, advocates, policymakers, and government agencies locally in the Bay Area and across California to respond to your needs and advocate for you.
Congratulations to last month's raffle winners!
~*~* Age 16, zip code: 94578, astory3 *~*~
~*~* Age 14, no zip code, Kaykay *~*~
~*~* Age 23, zip code: 95350, Butterfly101 *~*~
~*~* Age 23, zip code: 91316, Captain America *~*~
~*~* Age 20, zip code: 92821, Fire girl *~*~
~*~* Age 15, zip code: 94601 *~*~
~*~* Age 13, zip code: 95113 *~*~
~*~* Age 14, zip code: 94621, Princess Augmon *~*~
~*~* Age 17, zip code: 94601 *~*~
~*~* Age 16, zip code: 95020 *~*~
Each winner received their digital $50 Target gift card via the email or phone number they provided.
The resources and opportunities below can help you navigate COVID-19 and connect you to peers, caring adults, and other kinds of support.
- Oakland Unified School District Resource Guide
- San Francisco Unified School District Resource Guide
- Santa Clara County Office of Education Resources
- College Planning and COVID-19 Rapid Response Webinars
- Resources for First-Generation and/or Low-Income College Students
- Free Services and Resources for College Students
- SPARK Initiative Youth Project - 1-on-1 peer assistance for youth ages 14-24 in San Francisco, Alameda and Contra Costa counties offering COVID-19 emergency resources for rental assistance, food and hygiene supplies
- findhelp.org - National directory for food assistance, help paying bills, and other resources
- Free period products are being distributed at meal pick-up sites in Oakland Unified School District and at select schools in San Francisco Unified School District ( MLK, Mission High)
- If you're in Santa Clara County, fill out this form to request free period products, diapers, and wipes at local family resources centers.
- En el condado de Santa Clara, comunícate con tu Family Resource Center (FRC) más cercano para recoger un suministro mensual gratuito de productos femeninos. Este recurso es para personas de todas las identidades de género.
For a comprehensive list of resources, check out Alliance for Girls' Resources List. Feel free to share any of this information with your friends and family. If there are other resources you recommend or are still looking for, let us know.
Reach out anytime with questions or recommendations by contacting Nakia Dillard at firstname.lastname@example.org.