It’s all about enabling girls with the power to learn, to be seen, to be heard, to be understood and to make a difference. We’re achieving that goal by creating an inspired movement of members, partners, services and resources.
The result is an ecosystem of leadership provided by an exceptional network of adult allies, girls’ organizations, schools and others dedicated to helping girls and young women reach their full potential in all facets of their lives.
We help committed and visionary leaders become stronger and more effective in supporting girls after school, in class and in their communities. When girls’ champions are strong, girls are strong.
- Professional development workshops and webinars
- Peer-to-peer mentorship opportunities
- Annual conferences
- Leadership committees and governance
- Library of statistics, cutting-edge research and insights
We facilitate collaboration and coordination among our member organizations by acting as a central hub of information for girls’ services, fostering trust and relationships between members, and increasing our members’ visibility.
- Online community
- Referrals and introductions to mission-aligned partners
- Issue-specific membership cohorts
- Listing in Girls Service Directory
- Visibility in newsletter
- Promotion on website and social media
We provide access to data on key issues affecting the lives of girls and young women on which to build support programs, school initiatives, legislation and funding. Many of these research efforts are led by girls themselves from survey design and focus groups to data analysis.
- Curation and dissemination of existing research
- Proprietary research that focuses on local data and intersectionality
- Translation of research into advocacy and action in collaboration and partnership with organizations, schools, funders and elected officials
We advocate for greater legislative support and funding for the effective and dramatic work performed by girl-serving agencies by speaking with a unified voice for collective action.
- Support member-led advocacy efforts through community mobilization and education
- Train direct service providers to legally and strategically engage in advocacy efforts
- Lead advocacy campaigns for equitable funding to meet girls’ unique needs
- Center girls and girls’ advocates in crafting and enacting policies that impacts their lives.